Your Work-from-Home Toolbox
We've updated our Work-from-Home Toolbox to include all the content we've created for working away from the office, so that you can have the healthiest experience working from home!
Whether this is new for you, if you've been working remotely for years, or if you travel frequently for your job, it’s important to know how to prevent the risks that lead to musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
Why should you care about musculoskeletal disorders?
- MSDs are painful disorders of the muscles, nerves, tendons, ligaments, joints, cartilage, or spinal discs.
- They progress over time. If you're consistently using a workstation that isn't designed to fit you and are exposed to risk factors like awkward postures, you are well on your way to developing a painful MSD.
- MSDs such as back strain and carpal tunnel syndrome account for one third of workplace injury and illness costs.
- The bottom line: MSDs are painful. Ergonomics—designing the workplace to match people's capabilities—can help.
The resources here have tips from our certified professional ergonomists and will help you make your work-from-home experience safer and more comfortable. Take an online ergonomics assessment for free, check out the webinars, info sheets, blog posts, and educational videos below.
Ergonomics resources for your home office
- Humantech® Office Ergonomics Training and Assessment
- Learn the basic principles of office ergonomics and assess your workspace in less than 30 minutes.
- "Working from Home – Things You Need to Know" Webinar
- See how to properly set up your remote workstation; how to stay connected with your team; and how to stay sane!
- "Working from Home - Challenges, Benefits & Return on Investment" Webinar
- Review the data that's been collected on working from home, like the benefit-cost analysis and return on investment.
- Ergonomics for the Home Office (.pdf)
- Tips for Working from Home (.pdf)
- More Tips for Working from Home (.pdf)
- For your information...
- For your workspace...
- Don't Work from the Couch! Tips to Improve Your Home Office
- Transform Any Room into an Office
- How to Pick a Chair for Your Home Office
- Tips for Making Your Fixed Chair More Ergonomic
- Four Tips for the Perfect Laptop Setup
- Four Ways to Improve Your Home Office
- 3 Overlooked Ways to Level Up Your Home Office
- For your well-being...
- For your travels...
The "Bottom Line" Videos
The bottom line is what really matters — the ultimate outcome from what's being done. Take a look at these quick videos to find out the bottom lines of ergonomics for each role in the office, and your new work-from-home workspace.
- Working from Home: Employer Tips
- Working from Home: Manager Tips
- Working from Home: Worker Tips
- Working from Home: Workstation Tips
Video (Captions available in Spanish, Chinese, and French)