Network Administrator I
The VelocityEHS I.T. Team is a small industrious force who uses their collective knowledge to solve problems and implement solutions that allow all employees and customers to do their jobs with ease. As a Network Administrator I position you will have multiple opportunities to gain real world experience by being involved in day-to-day events and workplace projects. You will be trained on the appropriate tools, language, and documentation required.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and enjoy being around other techie, outgoing individuals then check out the details below and apply now.
General Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Assisting the IT team in troubleshooting and owning Network related Helpdesk tickets.
- Physical maintenance of ports and cables
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis, configuration backups, audits and performance tuning; escalating problems to vendor.
- Participate in weekly team project meetings and contributes to the establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for said projects.
- Creating and maintaining documentation.
Success will be measured against your abilities to perform the following:
- Ability to respond to network related Help Desk requests and configure new port and VLAN configurations.
- Ability to create realistic time lines for projects and whether they are completed within time projections and consistent with the provided requirements.
- Ability to exhibit an understanding of the VelocityEHS networking monitoring system and properly configure new alerts and schedules when needed.
- Ability to communicate issues or problems in a timely manner.
- How you involve others in your decision making process where appropriate and conversely your ability to make decisions on your own when the input of others is not needed or is redundant.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Relevant Field or Equivalent Experience
- 2+ years in an IT-Networking related position
- 1 Year experience in Cisco Networking technologies
- Must be self-motivated but also work as part of a team with good people and documentation skills
- Must be willing to work hard and learn.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Microsoft, Apple, Cisco IOS, VMware, LAN Knowledge.
- PRTG or similar based Monitoring Software.
- Wireshark Network Analyzer.
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should click the link below and follow the instructions provided to apply:
Visit our careers page for more information: