Associate Authoring Specialist
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS currently has an exciting career opportunity within its Authoring Services Team for a bright, enthusiastic Associate Authoring Specialist to be responsible for the authoring of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) and labels for a diverse group of clients across multiple industries. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, but also under the guidance of a senior author or team lead. This individual will also be comfortable working side by side with team members at different levels throughout the organization, including internal Product Management, Sales, and Project Management teams. We are looking for an individual with 1+ years of experience in a laboratory environment. The preferred candidate will also have superb critical thinking and problem solving skills; demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; and will be able to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and dependability. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic then this is the job for you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Author compliant MSDSs and SDSs for external clients in multiple country and regional regulatory formats through the use of in-house software and occasional manual calculations
• Independently review and analyze product and component physical/health hazard testing, product formulation and documentation necessary for proper hazardous classification as provided by clients
• Spot inconsistencies and evaluate product information from clients with a critical eye to identify gaps in the supplied data
• Research component physical and chemical properties to ascertain appropriate hazard classifications
• Work closely with project managers and other authors on all authoring projects
• Provide sales and sales call support under the guidance of a team lead or Authoring Services Manager
• Complete special projects as required, such as regulatory consulting
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in chemistry, biological sciences, toxicology, industrial hygiene or
• 1+ years of experience in a laboratory environment, or equivalent practical, hands-on experience
• Experience reviewing/reading/understanding MSDSs or comparable safety documents
• Experience in a role that requires accuracy and attention to detail
• Self-motivation and dependability
• Strong communication and customer service skills, written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced team and office environment
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Internet research/data gathering skills
• Critical thinking skills, including problem solving and data analysis
• General understanding of the laws and regulations (i.e. OSHA, GHS, REACH) governing MSDS authoring, downstream chemical distribution, and hazardous chemical management within the Environmental Health and Safety industry
• Knowledge of domestic and international transportation laws and regulations
• Proficient in and comfortable with productivity and communication tools, including web meeting services (i.e. GoToMeeting), document sharing and collaboration tools (i.e. OneDrive), and various other software and services
• Knowledge of authoring software
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, Work from Home, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]