Marketing Manager, Content
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates*
The VelocityEHS Marketing Manager, Content is responsible for the creation and maintenance of marketing content related to environmental, health, safety, and sustainability topics. As a member of the Marketing team, the Content Manager will leverage relationships with subject matter experts throughout VelocityEHS and its customer base to ensure the flawless creation and publication of a wide range of marketing communication materials. Applicants must have a strong grasp of writing compelling content across a broad range of mediums for a variety of audiences, and preference is given to candidates with a background in environmental, health, and safety and/or sustainability.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer, strategist, and collaborator, and will be a quick learner who is passionate about developing effective content. This includes, but is not limited to, developing the following: website and social media copy, blog posts, e-newsletter articles, e-mail copy, fact sheets, sales collateral, whitepapers, infographics, case studies, and industry articles for publication. This person will also be responsible for ensuring content accuracy, brand-message consistency, and the timely coordination of project deadlines.
The Marketing Manager, Content should be comfortable working with content creation applications such as WordPress and Marketo. This role requires writing experience in a corporate environment and experience handling multiple projects simultaneously. Ideal candidates will possess and demonstrate a positive attitude, strong work ethic as well as the ability to multitask.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities, see the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Project managing content marketing activities related to campaigns and Go-To-Market initiatives
- Creating both external and internal facing content with minimal technical supervision using tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, and WordPress
- Creating content such as sell sheets, infographics, blog posts, e-books, guides, case studies, and articles for publication on schedule
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders to produce assets specific to the needs of the VelocityEHS marketing department and other departments as assigned
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, working with marketing directors to set project scope, priorities, deadlines, schedules
- Participating in discussion of priorities and topics for content development, and maintaining content calendar
- Managing and tracking content library in order to ensure accuracy and relevance, and helping to maintain the company websites.
- Interacting with SMEs in Marketing, Product, HR, Customer Experience, and Sales to support company goals
- Tracking, evaluating and reporting on performance of various content pieces, and updating the library when needed.
- Reviewing VelocityEHS offerings, marketing and product functionality to ensure brand and product alignment
- Interviewing customers, internal and external experts, and if needed, facilitating webinars and virtual events
- Other duties as assigned, and as determined from Marketing department meetings
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in writing, marketing, or a related field or Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Sustainability or a physical science
- 5+ years of work experience as a copywriter, technical writer, editor, marketing communications specialist (with a heavy focus on writing), or similar role, or deep experience as an EHS professional with strong writing skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and ability to highlight the human aspects of EHS topics
- Strong attention to detail and ability to quickly make quality decisions
- Excellent with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to quickly adopt and develop proficiency with a variety of software tools and applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to build trust and work with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of experience across departments
- Calm under pressure and ability to take accountability for outcomes and performance
- Ability to provide a strong, diverse portfolio of writing samples
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Marketing or EHS related field
- Familiarity (experience) with EHS software
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
- Experience with Sales and Marketing CRM, CMS and MA Software (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, WordPress)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Familiarity with content creation workflows, including preparing files for design
- Experience with web conferencing software and applications (e.g. GotoWebinar, WebEx, Zoom)
- Presentation/workshop facilitation experience
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]