Untangle Complex HazCom Regulations
Put our regulatory experts to work for you as you work to comply with global hazard communication requirements.
As a manufacturer, distributor or importer of hazardous chemicals, it is easy to fall behind on the wide range of domestic and global regulations you must comply with. Tracking complex requirements takes considerable time, training and experience. It also helps to have a chemistry, toxicology and biology background if you have thousands of products that need to be evaluated and classified for GHS or are trying to answer tough questions, such as:
- “How do I register my products for trade secret or confidential business information protections in North America?”
- “Is my product considered non-hazardous in the European Union?”
- “How do I classify this product for transportation?”
Many talented EHS professionals simply don’t have the time or resources to address all of answers to questions like these while keeping up with their other responsibilities. Let VelocityEHS help. Our Regulatory Consulting Services feature a highly trained team of regulatory analysts and authoring professionals. We have the experience and resources to provide guidance on even the most complex regulatory questions and projects.
Call Us Toll-Free Now: 1.888.362.2007. Outside the US, dial 1.312.881.2000.
- General Regulatory Consulting: Clarification on OSHA’s HazCom 2012 and GHS, as well as requirements for multiple regulatory agencies across continents. No matter the jurisdiction, we have the answers you need.
- Regulatory Compliance Review: Identify data point changes related to ingredients that affect classification and/or the compliance of your products' SDSs. Our report will supply the information you need to determine which SDSs require updating for regulatory compliance.
- SDS Compliance Check: An expert review of your SDSs will provide you with the critical feedback you need to ensure your documents are accurate and compliant.
- Product Grouping Analysis: Analysis of product data to determine which products can be combined and listed on a single SDS, reducing the number of SDSs needed to represent your product line.
- Transportation Classification & Consulting: Guidance on classifying products for transport, completion of Section 14 of SDSs, and transport labeling. Also, assistance around exemptions such as limited quantity, packaging and general questions about DOT, TDG, IMDG, IATA/ICAO, UN RTDG, ADR, RID, ADN, and ADG
- GHS Classification Services: Classify products in alignment with GHS for any adopting country of the system. Export data for use in SAP and other authoring software solutions. It's an easy way to author SDSs in-house, while saving time on classification.
- Confidential Business Information (CBI) or Trade Secret Registration: Our regulatory experts can complete CBI and/or trade secret registrations for your ingredients or products for Canada, the EU and other countries or regions.
- Ingredient Disclosure Documents: In response to requests from consumers for detailed ingredient information, product manufacturers in the consumer space are issuing Ingredient Disclosure Documents and other documents to publicly share ingredient information with consumers. The disclosure documents provided in this service follow CPSC issued guidelines without revealing your proprietary formulation.
- Article Assessment & Determination: Analyze product data to understand whether it falls under an article exemption based on guidance from a specific country. Article safety documents can be issued upon request.
- Workplace Labeling Consulting: Review workplace labels for accuracy and compliance, with recommendations provided by certified experts. Questions regarding label requirements from country to country can also be addressed.
- New Market Entry Regulatory Requirements: Identify hazard communication regulatory requirements for countries and regions that are new to your business. Track safety data sheet, chemical labeling requirements, chemical registration requirements, and other information critical in preempting customs or in-country holdups.
- Translation Services: Whether for SDSs authored by us or SDSs you provide, our high quality translation services are both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 certified. This can include translation of technical data sheets, ingredient disclosure documents and other EH&S documents as required.
Access Professional Regulatory Experts
Our regulatory consulting projects are directed by highly-trained EHS regulatory analysts, specialists and/or certified experts.
Improve Regulatory Compliance
Have confidence that the complex and evolving standards your organization is subject to are met, improving your overall regulatory compliance.
Focus on Your Core Business
Stay connected to your day-to-day responsibilities by allowing us to guide your understanding and compliance obligations related to global hazard communication regulations.
Deepen Your Regulatory Understanding
Get straight answers to your regulatory questions, and a clear understanding of how to apply the information you receive. Our project is not complete until you understand what was delivered, the impact it has on your company, and any remaining steps for compliance.