Five Ways to Improve Ergonomics During Meetings
Posted on November 13, 2012 | in Ergonomics
by Rachel Leach, CPE
It’s one thing to keep ergonomics in mind at your workstation, but how do you maintain healthy postures during meetings and training events? Read on.
- Sit with your back resting against the back of the chair and avoid leaning forward.
- If the viewing screen is perpendicular to you, turn your whole body and chair to view the screen (as opposed to turning just your neck.)
- Avoid resting your elbows, forearms, or wrists on hard surfaces or sharp edges.
- Give your eyes a break by using the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes look 20 feet away and hold for 20 seconds.
- Walk around for four to five minutes for every 60 to 90 minutes that you remain seated.