The Bottom Line: CEO Checklist for ESG
Posted on September 17, 2021 | in ESG
Business leaders are expected to develop a strategic approach to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and integrate ESG risk management into their financial business model. Director of Ergonomics Research Blake McGowan, CPE, explains how to get started using this five-step checklist.
Include these five items:
- Educate business leaders on ESG risks.
- Develop a strategy focused on material ESG risks and opportunities.
- Set long-term goals, targets, and measurements.
- Be aware of new regulations.
- Develop a robust disclosure effort.
Resources: Aniket Shah, ESG Research. ESG and Business Leadership: A C-Suite Roadmap. May 25, 2021. https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-020-10050-7