*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
As a leader in EHS software, we are in a unique position to help our customers reach their EHS goals faster through a variety of world-class product offerings.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting customers, then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
In this role, you will be integral in shaping the user experience for a portion of our product portfolio. Our users are busy. It will be your responsibility to reduce friction and remove barriers to provide them access to the content they need, in the moment they need it. You will report to the Director of UX, receive guidance from your scrum team, and collaborate with an amazing team of UX Design peers, application developers, and various subject matter experts across the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Consider the holistic user experience: Including end to end user experience, information architecture, service design, and data visualization.
- Design and map the experience using journey maps, create sketches, prototypes, wireframes, screen-flow diagrams, and UX interaction notes
- Utilize and contribute to our global design system and understands how, and when, to create reusable patterns.
- Employ design thinking and data informed methodologies to understand how customers think, act, and feel using our products through UX research
- Actively participate in design critique sessions.
- Effectively communicate project status to management team on a regular basis
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (ie. Human-Computer Interaction, information design, communications, Computer Systems, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience as a product designer, UX designer, information architect, or related discipline
- Inspiring portfolio of web, responsive web and mobile app projects
- Solid User-Centered Design approach to solving creative challenges, with demonstrated experience developing holistic ecosystems composed of multiple channels and platforms
- Strong working knowledge of UX5 tools such as Adobe CS, InVision, Figma
- Desire to help shape product strategy
- Understanding of WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and defend strategic design concepts and vision – in team or stakeholder settings – with passion and confidence
- Highly motivated, collaborative, self-starter
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with Pendo or Dovetail is a plus
- Experience in the Environmental Health and Safety industry is a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]