Test Automation Engineer
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking a Test Automation Engineer to support the growth of the tech organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be part of a growing test team, developing automated scripts and developing our test automation framework. This position will be working closely with enterprise architects, application developers, database developers, other member of the QA team, Business Analysts as well as product owners and the DevOps team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain automation test framework
- Establish, own, and drive automated testing from start to finish
- Troubleshoot failures and stabilize brittle scripts
- Collaborate with the test teams and integrate tests into CI/CD process
- Offer creative and innovative solutions to complex testing issues.
- Closely monitor the test results for swift feedback and participate in peer code reviews
- Report product defects
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 1+ years professional experience in a Technical QA role or Development role in an Agile environment
- Experience with scripting and executing tests against a Single Page Application (SPA) and Responsive Design
- Experience with scripting and executing tests against Back End including API / Microservice Architecture
- Experience integrating tests into CI/CD process
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages such as Groovy, Java, C# or Python
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills with the ability to work within a fast-paced company with increasing needs
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile test automation
- Experience with load / performance testing
- Experience with Swagger a plus
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.