Talent Acquisition Specialist
*Open to remote candidates*
This is a unique opportunity for a friendly, outgoing Recruiting professional to join our fast-growing global SaaS Company.
We believe hiring and retaining the best talent is primary to our success. And although we think we have great programs in place that do a good job bringing in the best talent, we want you to come in and help raise the bar even higher. Ideal candidates will be dynamic professionals who enjoy building relationships with people throughout the organization.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the planning, administration and execution of recruitment and talent management programs/initiatives, ensuring that they support the organization's overall strategic objectives, while meeting all legal requirements. Furthermore, designing and implementing programs which fit and enrich VelocityEHS’ culture is instrumental to the Talent Specialist role.
If you’re an HR person brimming with creativity and follow through, and the challenge of helping to scale a global recruiting program and team excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Global Full life cycle recruiting
- Conducting new hire requisition meetings and debriefs with hiring managers
- Coordinating the interview process and candidate follow-up
- Responsible for some operational aspects of the talent acquisition process including employment branding and ensuring legal compliance of our recruiting practices
- Work with Associate Manager, Talent Acquisition and Hiring Managers on current and future talent needs
- Source and pre-screen resumes, conduct phone interviews, coordinate hiring team feedback, perform remote interviews, extend and negotiate offers
- Administering any applicant testing, reference and background checking, and presenting offers of employment
- Planning and preparing for future recruitment mandates by generating an ongoing pool of candidates
- Work with the HR/Systems Administrator to manage the company applicant tracking system UKG
- Work with the HR Team to develop and implement programs (e.g., onboarding, internships, interview training, development, etc.)
- Develop and produce insightful metrics to identify success and opportunities
- Manage the Affirmative Action Program ensuring compliance with all EEO and OFCCP guidelines—including diversity outreach, community efforts, job postings, reporting, and records maintenance.
- Assist in other areas of Human Resources as assigned by the Associate Manager, Talent Acquisition and the HR Team
- Handling confidential and non-routine information with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Champion the VelocityEHS Core Values in all hiring functions
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma and 2+ years of Talent Acquisition experience.
- Proven track-record of sourcing candidates for entry level and difficult-to-fill positions.
- Proven ability to network to build relationships with all levels of candidates, hiring managers, sourcing channels.
- Experience in a role that required mature and discrete handling of highly confidential human resources information.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills—including grammar, voice quality, writing, proofreading.
- Must be flexible with start and end time to support global hiring and willing to go on day and overnight recruiting and networking events (travel 5-10%).
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & internet browsers.
- Experience establishing and implementing recruitment procedures to support compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
- Manage Job Descriptions in JDXpert
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Multi-Country/global recruiting experience preferred
- Experience hiring in a growing B2B SaaS business.
- Strong business sense and ability to understand and communicate key business drivers.
- Previous experience using an ATS, preferably UKG.
- Agency background preferred
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]