Systems Administrator, Service Operations
*Open to remote candidates*
The VelocityEHS Systems Administrator, Service Operations serves as the administrator of the Content Management Application (CMA), an internal system that supports the production line of Chemical Management services. This role is responsible for overseeing the SDS document workflow, with a focus on continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Service Operations team through tooling and automation.
The ideal candidate should have experience developing and implementing operational processes, as well as a track record of critical thinking and data-driven problem-solving. This candidate also has a strong understanding of SQL, Excel, and developing and maintaining reports and dashboards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage, administer, and serve as subject matter expert for the CMA, the internal system used to support high volume Chemical Management services and processes.
- Act as liaison between Service Operations and R&D teams and help to establish CMA priorities under the direction of the Senior Manager of Service Operations.
- Troubleshoot, report, and escalate issues with CMA performance; oversee ticketing system for the CMA and related processes and act as go-to person for other CMA users’ questions and issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the VelocityEHS SDS database with understanding of the underlying data architecture, the (M)SDS landscape in general, and Chemical Management solutions and services.
- Design and continuously improve QA processes to maintain stringent quality control over SDS indexing and the MSDSonline Library; analyze data in various stages to proactively identify inconsistencies, correct errors, and resolve issues.
- Inform and implement future CMA enhancements and process improvements; serve as key CMA stakeholder throughout the development process.
- Collaborate with CMA stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement operational efficiencies, innovations, and continuous process improvement.
- Lead the rollout of changes impacting the CMA, using change management best practices; responsible for ensuring all processes are accurately documented via SOPs, creating and maintaining CMA training materials, and conducting CMA training for Service Operations staff.
- Collect, document, and track various operational metrics and data; responsible for building and maintaining regular and ad hoc reporting and dashboards.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned by department leadership.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing and administering software and related systems supporting the operations of a business
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, product management, operations, or other business-related functions, with a focus on reporting, tooling, and/or process automation and continuous improvement
- 3+ years of experience in a SaaS or eCommerce environment
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Tech-savvy and proficient with web-based communication and collaboration tools, Internet research, and other software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage deadlines, stay organized, perform well in a fast-paced environment, and work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Very detail and quality-oriented, analytical, and innovative
- Dynamic, dependable, and self-motivated
- Curious and customer-driven
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience using Jira
- Understanding of Agile development practices
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]