Staff Java Developer
*Open to remote candidates*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user-friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability, and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking an experienced Software Developer to design, build and maintain software for SaaS applications and services.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be a leader by example to the Software Development Team
- Assist with coaching employees on the Software Development Team
- Maintain software development processes
- Maintaining high level of product quality
- Follow overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Help design solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable
- Provide input into long-range product requirements, best practices, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
What success looks like:
- SaaS software platforms are developed as scalable, high performing and maintainable solutions using best practices and current technologies
- Scalability methodologies are well understood and implemented in a consistent and robust manner
- You play a key part in your scrum teams’ successes
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Java
- Advanced knowledge in SQL and ORMs
- Experience in cloud architecture (Azure)
- Experience with REST APIs design and development.
- Knowledge of containers (Docker)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Proficiency with test-driven development (TDD) and a strong understanding of clean code concepts.
- BS in related field and at least 7 years of experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 1-year leadership experience in this field
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including business analysts, UI/UX designers, software developers, and QA analysts
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion of all issues. You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- More than 5 years of experience in a SaaS organization
- Ability to provide (informal) coaching to team members to support their understanding of the technology and aid in their technical development
- Understanding of software architecture and being able to guide team members in best practices and approaches
- Ability to mentor developers and agile team members in defined processes and look for opportunities for improvement.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]