Sr. Test Automation Engineer – Australia
*Open to candidates that in Australia*
As part of the VelocityEHS Risk Management team, you’ll enjoy working with an established product, which is expanding to other markets. We are hardworking, open-minded and passionate about crafting phenomenal products and delivering real value for our users.
We are seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer to support the growth of the tech organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be part of a growing test team, developing automated scripts and developing our test automation framework. This position will be working closely with enterprise architects, application developers, database developers, other members of the QA team, Business Analysts as well as product owners, and the DevOps team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain automation test framework
- Establish, own, and drive automated testing from start to finish
- Troubleshoot failures and stabilize brittle scripts
- Collaborate with the test teams and integrate tests into CI/CD process
- Offer creative and innovative solutions to complex testing issues.
- Coach and guide the QA team members to create effective automated tests
- Closely monitor the test results for swift feedback and participate in peer code reviews
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years professional experience in a Technical QA role or Development role in an Agile environment
- 2+ years experience with scripting and executing tests against a Single Page Application (SPA) and Responsive Design
- 2+ years experience with scripting and executing tests against Back End including API / Microservice Architecture
- 1+ years experience integrating tests into CI/CD process
- Experience with managing test data in an automation environment
- Fundamental understanding of programming languages such as Groovy, Java, C# or Python
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills with the ability to work within a fast-paced company with increasing needs
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile test automation
- Experience with load / performance testing
- Experience with Swagger a plus
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
Finally, We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
VelocityEHS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Australian Human Rights Commission Act along with a discrimination, and harassment-free workplace. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, VelocityEHS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your needs. VelocityEHS also welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.