Sr. HR Specialist, Compensation & Benefits
*Open to remote candidates*
Our Values are to champion customer success, build open & honest relationships, choose simple, be humble and make a difference. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and feel you can embrace our values, check out the details below and apply now.
As our Senior HR Specialist, Compensation & Benefits, you will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations for compensation and benefit actions that result in attracting and retaining top talent. With employees across the US, Canada, Ireland, and Australia, you will manage the daily administration of our global compensation and benefit plans, reconcile issues, and frequently audit the programs for compliance and to market best practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the execution of the organization’s global compensation strategy so that outcomes meet current and future business needs and are consistent with the organization’s desired internal and external market position
- Responsible for the administration of the company’s 401(k) and defined benefit plans
- Responsible for the administration of annual compensation and merit process
- Provide ongoing support with job benchmarking, compensation survey assessment and analysis and competitive market intelligence
- Participate in audits and annual survey data process
- Train leadership on compensation best practices and assist in annual end-of-year leadership training
- Assist in the creation of Job Descriptions and maintaining of job description database
- Schedule and assist with internal vLaunch new hire onboarding program
- Answer general HR questions pertaining to employee benefits, compensation and onboarding
- Refine processes, standards, and workflows that maximize efficiency and data integrity in the HR System(s)
- Assist the HR department with research requests pertaining to policies, and/or training
- Keeps appraised of compensation and benefits regulations in all countries, provinces, states, etc. where we have employees to ensure compliance and market best practice
- Handle confidential and non-routine information with a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Partner with Talent Acquisition alongside the Manager, HR and VP, HR to develop competitive compensation packages aligned to the market and internal equity
- Play a supporting role in cross-functional People/HR projects to drive programs and solutions that meet the needs of VelocityEHS as we continue to grow
- Manage other projects and support key initiatives as assigned by Human Resources
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience specifically in a compensation related role using survey tooling in multiple labor markets and/or countries
- 2+ years of experience with benefits administration
- Experience managing compensation programs for a SaaS organization or similar industry
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel and working knowledge of other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects, timelines, and locations
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize and operate in a fast-paced challenging environment
- “No task is too small" attitude
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism and integrity and ability to interact effectively and efficiently with all levels of employees
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with PayScale and the Radford Network
- Experience using HRIS systems
- Global compensation experience
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]