Senior Project Manager
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Professional Services team. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and executing implementation projects for VelocityEHS’s suite of products directly with our enterprise level clients. Leading our teams of highly skilled Implementation Consultants and Specialists, you will work together to develop effective implementation solutions and deliver projects for our clients. As Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the schedule, cost, and overall implementation of our products for our diverse clients.
You have experience delivering successful software implementation projects in a service-based organization and understand the importance of delivering systems that allow our clients to leverage our solutions for their organizations. You are an effective communicator, solutions-oriented, exceptionally organized and have experience in a SaaS environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic, then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leads, manages, and integrates day to day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensures technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities effectively
- Plan and coordinate the work of internal project team members, Subject Matter Experts, and Clients.
- Perform quality assurance testing on system configurations and customizations for your projects
- Conduct project status meetings and provide regular status reports to clients, including meeting minutes, action logs, risk identification and identifying opportunities to support Change Management activities for our client’s organizations.
- Provide regular reporting on your portfolio of projects including tracking to billable milestones, internal status reports and project performance reporting
- Work with Implementation Consultants and Specialists to obtain level of effort required by various teams to assist with cost estimates, statements of work or change orders for enhancements and smaller projects
- Contribute to the success of the Professional Services Teams, by collaborating and contributing to development of best practices, SOP development process improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members in a cross functional environment
- Lead by example in using best practices, along with coaching / mentoring junior team members
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of project management experience working in a complex, fast-paced environment, specializing in client-facing SaaS implementation projects
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Project Management, Information Technology, Business, or relevant education required.
- Knowledge of software management principles, processes, and software, including agile and scrum
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation, and team building, with an ability to focus on client service experience & stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborative approach and team-player mentality.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to resolve issues or conflicts.
- Experience with a variety of business applications including MS Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint), in addition to Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project, Asana, Wrike, etc.,)
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company, using online tools and software to manage projects and team members.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasking working style, managing multiple projects at once while constantly reviewing/updating priorities and paying strict attention to detail.
- Ability to travel (10% – 20% annually)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Project Management Certification (PMP) an asset
- Understanding of systems, development methodologies, tools and processes that support modern business systems
- Process Mapping experience an asset
- Familiarity with EHS
- Empathy and ability to identify with a user mindset and understand business need
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]