Senior Marketing Manager, Events
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Events at VelocityEHS is responsible for the company's overall presence at live events including tradeshows, conferences, meetings, and speaking engagements. This is a high profile position within the company and requires an ambitious, motivated, organized, and assertive leader. This role reports to, and works closely with, the Marketing Director of Events and Communications to develop a business strategy around events that maximizes brand awareness, builds relationships, and generates high-quality prospects.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow through. If you have these qualities and take pride in achieving your goals, while helping contribute to the success of your team and VelocityEHS as a whole, then this is the job for you. Check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify high value live event opportunities for VelocityEHS to host, present, exhibit or sponsor
- Adapt event schedule and other event participation plans to accommodate evolving business needs
- Coordinate the activities surrounding each trade show and speaking event, assist with travel for event staff, order on-site services, and coordinate material shipments
- Coordinate the pre-show planning meetings, create post-show reports, and collect post-event metrics
- Proactively seek director, executive or SME approval for event-related materials by deadlines
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors, partners, clients and conference points of contact
- Identify and provide recommendations for event networking and demo opportunities
- Helps to coordinate training programs for tradeshow exhibiting staff that aim to increase product knowledge and improve cross-selling and lead-qualifying techniques to maximize event effectiveness
- Work with marketing director to develop a strong event communications strategy -- both internal and external
- Draft and deliver email marketing pieces, including invitations, reminders, and content on social media
- Develop and refine as needed the post-event process to collect and share feedback, and then identify areas for improvement
- Helps to prepare and edit presentation materials for subject matter experts and internal stakeholders
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of events and related activities based on key performance metrics
- Work with marketing directors to ensure the VelocityEHS brands are accurately and effectively represented for events
- Work with stakeholders to determine appropriate speaking opportunities and oversee the speaking submission process
- Manage show program against budget
- Prepare and manage the list of all events under consideration and confirmed
- Hold planning- and update-meetings as needed with stakeholders
- Helps to determine the appropriate sponsorship, booth size, brand and location for each tradeshow and estimate costs
- Manage the process and provide recommendations on the fabrication of booth properties with third-party contractors
- Perform inventory checks and maintain an accurate count of printed collateral, giveaway items, and display materials. Order or print more as needed.
- Conduct site visits and onsite meetings with vendors, partners and clients as needed, and attend events as needed
- Ensure the timely delivery of event-related materials, including graphics, sponsorship items, sales collateral and signage
- Take the lead in securing proper event staffing working closely with sales, marketing and other groups to ensure alignment with program needs
- Oversee the proper and timely collection, routing and tracking of event-obtained sales leads
- Identify and recommend promotional content for events, including emails, landing pages, social media posts, and videos
- Collaborate with internal and external contacts to ensure all events are well-publicized
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing tradeshows, events, or meetings
- Strong decision-making, critical thinking, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across departments and in cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, dependable, and persistent
- Flexibility to travel 25% of the time
- Capable to assist with packing, carrying, and transporting show materials
- Capable to assist with packing, carrying, and transporting show materials up to 50lbs
- Availability, as needed, to respond to calls/emails outside of standard business hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, social media applications (e.g., blogs, Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn, etc.), and communication tools (e-mail marketing software)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience managing multiple brands simultaneously at events
- Demonstrated ability to work with C-suite executives and stakeholders
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, Microsoft Teams, and Event Management Tools (Team Up, Trello, RegFox, etc.)
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]