Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking a Senior Manager, Quality Assurance to support the growth of our Development Team. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be managing a growing test team of Quality Analysts and Test Engineers in an agile software development environment. This position will be working closely with architects, developers, testers, and business analysts as well as product managers and the DevOps team.
As Senior Manager, Quality Assurance at VelocityEHS, you will have the ability to showcase your passion for quality combined with your leadership skills in order to strategically align the team to business objectives. You will mentor the individual members of your team through career development, identifying areas for growth and a constant reflection on improvement. Interfacing with global teams, you will be challenged with identifying technical solutions for automating testing of our SaaS applications. This is a new opportunity with a growing team. Test automation is an exciting endeavor,
and you will be helping grow and mentor the team as the company grows!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide team through execution of Agile Process
- Identify key areas for automation and design a plan for delivery
- Implement the standard for team performance and quality deliverables
- Be accountable for test automation projects, mentoring, and providing leadership to the team
- Foster an environment of transparency and quality
- Offer creative and innovative solutions to complex testing issues
- Oversee monitoring of all QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis, and identify areas of improvement.
- Implement steps required to improve process and efficiency
- Identify resourcing and skill gaps and create mitigation plans
- Coordinate test efforts across multiple sprint teams
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience working with an Enterprise QA Team
- 2+ years experience Managing a Test or Development Team
- 1+ years in a technical test role
- 2+ years working in an Agile Environment
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or similar work experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills with the ability to work within a fast-paced company with increasing needs
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
- Proven ability to deliver quality projects on time and within budget
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Katalon or other automation tools
- Experience with load / performance testing
- Experience with Scrum and other agile methodologies, including SAFe
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]