Senior Full Stack Developer – Australia
*Open to candidates that reside in Australia*
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Development and support of internal applications to assist sales order management and customer support processes.
- Participate in meetings and contribute to the establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for said projects.
- Success will be measured against your abilities to perform against the following:
- Ability to create realistic time lines for projects and whether your deliverables are completed within time projections and consistent with the provided requirements. Ability to exhibit an understanding of the VelocityEHS customer needs, the VelocityEHS business needs and show the ability to balance the priorities of the two even when they conflict.
- Degree to which you are flexible and willing to adjust priorities and projects if needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate issues or problems in a timely manner.
- How you involve others in your decision making process where appropriate. Conversely your ability to make decisions on your own when the input of others is not needed or is redundant.
- Ability to test your own code and review other developers' code prior to hand-off.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years development experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with specific direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit stakeholders of varying technical ability when
required by project objectives
- Attention to Detail, Strong teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years development in a SAAS environment
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Dotnet Core
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
Finally, We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
VelocityEHS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Australian Human Rights Commission Act along with a discrimination, and harassment-free workplace. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, VelocityEHS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your needs. VelocityEHS also welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.