Senior Enterprise Project Manager
*Open to remote candidates*
The Enterprise Project Manager plays a key leadership role in driving achievement of the organization's business objectives. They do this by working closely with project team members and business stakeholders applying Agile Project Management methods to ensure objectives and requirements are delivered on time and within budget. They must be skilled in making efficient use of their team members’ time, prioritizing activities across a healthy strategic portfolio, carefully balancing that time between clashing priorities, and be deliberate in coordinating efforts with respect to cross-functional dependencies. The Enterprise Project Manager possesses business acumen and sophisticated analytic thinking, advanced knowledge of project management system capabilities, and a demonstrated ability to lead teams with members at all levels of an organization, including executive leadership. The Project Management Office (PMO) operates in tandem with the Change Management Office (CMO), delivering an integrated approach to delivering on high impact initiatives. Projects that achieve business objectives, optimize benefits realization, return on investment and create value in various forms are motivating outcomes to Enterprise Project Managers.
Central to the Enterprise Project Manager role, is the responsibility to drive the ongoing enhancement of Agile Project Management as a core discipline and key competency across the organization. Leading by example, establishing standard processes, building accessible resources, identifying, and addressing skills gaps, and creating learning opportunities for varied learner groups is a priority.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and inclusive. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction on multiple large-scale complex projects or programs.
- Serve as a single point-of-contact for all business areas and stakeholder groups.
- Use industry-standard best practices in Agile Project Management to assure performant delivery of project objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as champion compliance with all operational processes.
- Identify learning needs, design related to the application of Agile methodologies, and deliver competency building opportunities to varied learner groups including but not limited to Project Management professionals, Product Managers, Solution Specialists, Business Analysts, Software Developers, Implementation Consultants, and Operations functions.
- Foster a strong Agile culture, regularly assessing operational maturity, health and efficiency
- Produce, roll out and maintain a variety of business documents such as plans, reports, process maps, standard operating procedures, requirements backlogs, user stories, specifications, test plans, training materials, etc.
- Lead sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions
- Translate strategies/policies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables including managing scope and budget.
- Provide leadership in the requirements gathering process (both business requirements and technical requirements).
- Effectively engage Project Sponsors, Project Leads, Change Management practitioners, project team members, and business stakeholders to build business readiness for change.
- Responsible for leading project communications including project status reports
- Responsible for directing day-to-day project activities.
- Responsible for performing risk analysis and tactfully managing risks and issues in accordance with a clear framework for project governance.
- Identify operational efficiency and engagement opportunities, propose ideas and take initiative to bring those ideas to life.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Finance, or relevant degree required.
- PMI, ACP, CSM or equivalent
- Minimum eight years of relevant SCRUM/Agile work experience.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and active listening communication skills.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations; resilient and tenacious
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics, problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project planning, research, and analysis.
- Solid understanding of software delivery, SCRUM/Agile development methodologies, and best practices introducing new products to market.
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting, cogent, and well-edited presentations, and deliver communications to
stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and web-based tools.
- Understanding of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience with large-scale organizational projects.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) (PMP) or certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification an asset.
- Knowledge in alternative software delivery methodologies (Kanban, SAFe, Extreme Programming, and Lean)
- Familiarity with Agile delivery toolsets (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to look at initiatives from a consultative approach, understand viewpoints from both business and technical teams and to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill strategic and operational needs.
- Knowledge of Pragmatic Software Development principles
- Large group facilitation experience preferred.
- Process Mapping experience preferred.
- Experience in high growth environments.
- SaaS environment / background desirable.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]