Senior Director, Operations (Shared Services)
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States or Canada*
The Senior Director of Operations (Shared Services) will oversee multiple teams that provide shared services to the organization; including the Project Management Office, Change Management Office, and Learning & Media teams. The Operations team is part of the Customer Experience and Operations (CX/OPS) department with a focus on improving operational workflows and minimizing variables that slow down user engagement, retention, and knowledge transfer. The successful candidate will focus on strategic outcomes, delegate responsibilities and activities, as appropriate, and balance operational responsibilities to ensure successful operations.
The Senior Director of Operations provides leadership to a team of highly skilled Enterprise Project and Change Management professionals, Instructional Designers, and Media Personnel and is expected to support team members with the advancement, refinement and diversification of their knowledge and skills in their respective domains. The successful candidate will possess superior customer facing skills that enable them to drive discussions with senior leadership regarding resource planning, risk management, portfolio management, and strategic vision. This position will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our internal teams take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available within CX/OPS. Building and actively nurturing relationships with Senior Leadership across the business is essential to this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and coach a team of highly skilled professionals across various domains and expertise
- Work with PMO to scale in a hybrid decentralized model.
- Work with Learning & Media team to provide best in class materials and collateral across the organization.
- Work with all Shared Service teams to identify how best to work and prioritize projects with teams across the organization. Help teams manage intake, ensuring the pipeline is current and accurate.
- Define, collect, and present metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to the internal and external projects/programs that the shared services team completes.
- Liaise with cross-functional internal teams (Product, IT, Sales, Marketing, Professional Services) to improve the entire customer experience
- Give shape to and reinforce the vision for the Shared Services organization on an ongoing basis, defining incremental steps towards realization of the intended future state.
- Work with key stakeholders to define, implement, and manage an internal communication strategy that builds loyalty and engagement with employees.
- Prepare and present portfolio information as needed to various audiences (Governance Committees, Leadership Team, Executive Team).
- Partner closely with the HR team, business leaders, and employees to lead our organizational shared services strategy. You effectively translate business needs into strategic initiatives and drive successful outcomes.
- Demonstrate the impact of our shared service offerings. Collaborate with colleagues in operations, analytics, finance, and legal to convey the value of our programs and to continually iterate on initiatives for greater impact.
- Provide strategy, coaching, motivation, and mentorship to the shared services teams.
- Support annual operational planning and execution.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations according to company guidelines.
- Mentor and coach staff on effectively executing their job responsibilities.
- Promote a team culture that represents our company values through understanding, demonstration, and recognition.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline with 10 years professional experience or combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience working in shared services organizations and maintaining successful operations in a SaaS environment (e.g., adult learning, training, learning & media, and/or project/change management)
- Minimum 5 years of people-management experience, developing and coaching staff.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, and to establish partnerships with different areas of the company.
- Proven ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project planning and business analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting, cogent, and well-edited presentations, and deliver communications to stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy and challenges.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning, problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Results orientated with strong time management skills
- Able to work in ambiguous situations; resilient and tenacious.
- Data-driven problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) highly valued.
- Understanding of Project Management and Change Management principles, methodologies, tactics and tools.
- Understanding of adult learning methodologies and best practices
- Experience with internal communication programs
- PMP, CM, and/or Association for Talent Development (ATD) Training certifications an asset.
- Able to prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly adaptable to change.
- A self-starter with vision and the drive to bring vision into being, understanding the incremental steps required to accomplish goals and realize returns.
- Executive group facilitation experience.
- SaaS environment/background desirable.
- Ability to quickly learn new solutions and technology
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and
compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment. Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals,
we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some
highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
• Generous time off programs
• Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
• Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
• Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
• Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
• Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible
formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]