Senior Consultant, Ergonomics
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
We are seeking a Senior Consultant, Ergonomics! Our ergonomists work in a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage among others. The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
The VelocityEHS corporate work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in always striving to meet and exceed customer expectations, check out the details below and apply now.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess industrial workstations and job tasks using proven analysis and solutions methods
- Develop detailed engineering control solutions to identified ergonomic challenges
- Conducting design reviews on workstations and products
- Travel approximately 50-75%
- Multi-site software implementations
- Conduct solo kaizen events and Engineer’s design trainings
- Manage internal continuous improvement process
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Biomechanics, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) certification through BCPE or eligible to take the exam within the first year of employment
- 3+ years of related professional experience conducting risk assessments in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications
- Experience completing ergonomics assessments using industry-standard tools, such as: NIOSH Lifting
Equation, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, 3DSSPP, or equivalent
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple ongoing projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Experience managing internal continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working independently, can also be an effective team member
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, organizational, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Ability to travel 50-75% to our client's locations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- 3-6 years of related experience
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.