This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic, then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- General accounting tasks including account reconciliations, journal entries, and review of billing / payable data
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, confirming proper allocation of expenses to the various departments, and reporting to the various departments as necessary.
- Month-end close responsibilities, including Profit & Loss analysis, accrued expenses, accounts payable and various other balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing invoices and revenue to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP
- Seeking ways to improve accounting processes and procedures both nationally and internationally
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- 4+ years related experience in Accounting
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a role that requires substantial multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with advanced accounting systems (Intacct, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- CPA eligible
- 5 years or more experience as a Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Experience assisting with annual external audit
- Experience with accounting in multiple currencies
- Experience with local and state tax filings
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Experience with the accounting system, Intacct
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family's needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]