Marketing Automation Specialist
The Marketing Automation Specialist will leverage their strategic and technical expertise to improve marketing automation and database management processes. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations, you will work to execute the day-to-day operations and enhancements in support of existing processes, identify areas for improvement, and assist in the development and migration to new processes.
This is a fast-paced, multi-faceted role requires impeccable attention to detail, the ability conceive and implement sophisticated automation workflows, exceptional logic-based problem solving skills, and experience working with marketing technologies.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities, check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Marketing Automation Management & Reporting
- Maintain and improve the existing marketing automation foundation: campaign processes, nurture track structures, scoring triggers, lead management workflows, content repositories, and reporting structures
- Support marketing campaign initiatives and serve as a technical advisor to other members of the marketing team
- Ensure incremental enhancements are rolled out to all applicable programs in a timely manner
- Coordinate the updates of shared assets, templates, and dynamic content
- Import lists and maintain historical archives of raw and imported data
- Segment email distribution lists, schedule emails, track results, and share system activity reports
- QA & Testing
- Perform regularly scheduled QA testing to ensure data consistency and functionality
- Proof the accuracy of campaign steps and report data prior to use
- Actively identify system failures as they occur, and ensure the proper execution of automation workflows
- Review test results with key stakeholders and provide insights into potential optimizations
- Schedule follow-up testing after any resulting development projects
- Process Documentation
- Produce and maintain process documentation to support the daily functions of the marketing team
- Maintain technical requirements for ongoing projects and future enhancements
- Create cheat sheets of commonly used fields, field values and campaign names for quick reference guides
- Database Management
- Maintain and improve the marketing database, segmentations, asset tagging, and other reportable features
- Ensure data integrity and consistency between Marketo and Salesforce (SFDC) databases
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or mathematics (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Experience using Marketo: initial development, change management, quality assurance, & reporting techniques
- Highly proficient with Microsoft products: Excel & PowerPoint
- Possess an eager interest to learn and adapt to new technologies, processes, and workflows
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems even with missing or incomplete data
- Highly organized, the ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines on multiple projects at once
- Detail oriented with a strong analytical mind
- Thrives in an open, collaborative environment and prioritizes company culture and teamwork
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should click the link below and follow the instructions provided to apply: