Learning Management System Administrator
*Open to remote candidates*
The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator supports the delivery of VelocityEHS’s employee learning strategy by managing the corporate LMS. Working closely in support of the company’s training and instructional design staff, the LMS Administrator is responsible for uploading content, launching courses and curricula, enrollment, system maintenance and configuration, reporting and end-user support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides learning management system support globally, including escalation to the LMS vendor as needed
- Train system admins and end users on the basic use of the system’s functionalities such as reporting and navigating the learning site
- Defines then refines documented processes and standards as needed to establish consistent use of the system
- Monitor and upload training content
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and escalates problems with course design, LMS configuration and infrastructure
- Curates existing content and develops internal communication plans to encourage adoption and usage
- Creates and manages workflow and content management recommendations according to LMS best practices
- Manages course enrollment across departments, ensuring timely reports on attendance and course completion
- Assist with reporting and monitoring of required compliance course completion
- Compiles and communicates performance metrics for online and classroom training courses to measure training effectiveness and end user satisfaction
- Develops reports and queries that are concise, intuitive, and actionable for organizational users
- Tests changes to the LMS, publishes and tests modules, ensures accurate course placement, audience assignments, tagging and scoring
- Assist with other learning team projects
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in relevant areas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, sharp attention to detail and quality-focused
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal oversight
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for supporting internal customers
- Highly motivated, curious, enthusiastic learner with a continuous desire for learning new skills, knowledge, concepts, and processes
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience with LMS administration or support
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS
- Adult learning theory knowledge / experience
- Future interest in, and aptitude for, Instructional Design
- Proficient with course authoring tools such as Articulate or Captivate
- Knowledgeable about EHS & ESG a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]