The HR/Systems Administrator plays a key role in the operations function on the Human Resources team.
In addition to interacting closely with the HR team, this position will work with all other departments within the organization to ensure coordination of data and processes in the system. Additional responsibilities include data integrity, audits, oversight of employee/manager self service functions and maintenance of internal database files. The successful candidate will be passionate about supporting our HR and management team, data integrity, process efficiency and systems management.
The MSDSonline work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and love making sure HR operation processes hum and are compliant then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
The HR/Systems Administrator will be responsible for planning, project coordination, and ongoing administration of all Human Resources Information Systems. They will also take lead on gathering, organizing, and reporting on the data found in those systems.
Current HR Systems/processes under scope of responsibility include but aren’t limited to: Ultipro, Glint, Replicon time management, Skillsoft, Blissbook, Teamphoria, Intranet, Ergonomics, Job Descriptions, Company Store, PayScale, Social Media sites, Job board management, IT ticketing system, Workflow approval management.
- Develops and maintains human resource information systems that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provides HR systems support business wide through integration reporting.
- Assists with the design, selection, and implementation or modification of HRIS and other HR solutions.
- Monitor and update company social media sites and other job board postings.
- Support and serve as backup on new hire onboarding efforts and other administrative tasks outside of HR systems
- Enters all employee changes and large dataset imports to ensure data is current and relevant.
- Ensures services are in compliance with professional standards, state, and federal regulatory requirements related to recordkeeping and reporting.
- Assists with system implementations, integration with internal and external technologies, partnering with HR colleagues to create end user training and provide ongoing technical support and maintenance.
- Manages day-to-day system activities to support HR, Payroll, etc.
- Serves as an interface between internal and external customers and functional team members.
- Acts as the primary contact with the software solution providers and coordinate testing and implementation of system upgrades and integrations
- Monitors day-to-day system operation, including interfaces between HRIS and other internal/external systems. Work with vendors to update existing interfaces or create new interface specifications as necessary. Research and resolve all errors.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines, and documentation for HR systems; trains clients and end users.
- Assists in the development of consistent and standardized processes, workflow approvals and services.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Build relationships and rapport with internal business partners in order to ensure effective coordination of HR systems support, functionality, integration, and operations.
- Facilitate and manage HRIS sessions in partnership with HR and departmental leadership; including but not limited to goal setting, time off tracking, employee survey tools, open enrollment, performance and compensation sessions, etc.
- Work closely with Finance to insure they have all the required information for payroll and reports for importing into the financial system.
- Submit and verify data sent from HRIS including accruals, file feeds to carriers, funding to accounts, and the e-verify system
- Responsible for timely and accurate HR reporting of Affirmative Action data, EEO-1, 5500 and 401(k) Audit.
- Identify, implement and document all processes and procedures run through Ultipro HRIS, identifying opportunities for improving HR processes.
- Helps to define relevant metrics /scorecard data and provides timely reporting and analysis to various constituencies.
- Ensure confidentiality of employee, business, HRIS and other sensitive data
- Provides other support to Human Resources management and staff as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources supporting HRIS systems, with proven understanding of HR processes, data and reporting
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities using HR systems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality concerning employees, business and other sensitive data
- Ability to work as part of a team with specific direction, or as an individual project lead with only high-level direction
- Experience utilizing strong reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication, including documentation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and dependable with a strong work ethic
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with Ultipro HRIS full product suite including Cognos reporting
- Experience Implementing HRIS systems
- Experience with Affirmative Action compliance and reporting
- Project Management experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Qualified applicants should click the link below and follow the instructions provided to apply:
Click to apply!
Visit our careers page for more information: