Director, Software Development
*Open to remote candidates*
The Director of Software Development oversees software development teams and deliverables. This role will be directly responsible for managing, developing, and growing the teams that build and maintain VEHS SaaS platform.
This role will report directly to the VP of Software Development and have a direct impact on delivery of our software roadmap.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Tracking the pulse of multiple Agile Development Teams across multiple products within the Line of Business.
- Providing the resources and management to allow Development Teams to create their best work.
- Meeting Product and Organizational goals by consistently delivering better software to our clients.
- Manages team growth by watching trends in Product and client needs – adding and training top talent.
- Works across the organization to provide Agile leadership and understanding
- Clearly communicate the Product and Organizational expectations to the Development Teams and helps mee them.
What Success Looks Like:
- Clears the obstacles for Developer Teams so they focus on what they do best, delivering software and services.
- Works with Product teams to deliver on-time product updates and features.
- Provides technical and non-technical look behind the curtain to keep parallel teams informed.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ of relevant work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven Influence skills
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion of all issues. You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues.
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business
- Good understanding of the architectural principles of cloud-based platforms including SaaS,
PaaS, multitenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
- Good understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud
or hybrid applications
- Familiar with principles of network, application and information security
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]