Associate Accounting Manager
*Open to remote candidates*
VelocityEHS is looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, detail-oriented team-player who is well organized and has the skills required to assist in all aspects of accounting and finance in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and have the communication abilities to work across multiple departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the monthly close and reporting process with multiple deadlines; review all processes to assure treatment is in accordance with GAAP
- Analyzing sales transactions to ensure proper allocation of revenue recognition policies in compliance with ASC 606
- Review of financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Provide updated actual to forecast analysis to Sr Accounting Manager monthly.
- Manage financial internal control processes and operational areas to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Report weekly and monthly sales performance and incentive/compensation.
- Work with departments to analyze profitability, ROI and other initiatives; develop reports & dashboards to help guide Company Strategy.
- General accounting assistance including account reconciliations, journal entries, and billing / payable data entry.
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, confirming proper allocation of departmental expenses, and reporting to various departments.
- Preparing schedules for the monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns.
- Providing necessary support for external auditors for financial statement audit.
- Assisting with and running special projects as needed.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- CPA with 5 years in accounting or auditing professional role
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of financial statement preparation, GAAP, Tax, and revenue recognition
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing responsibilities while still operating with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a deadline driven and fast paced environment
- Experience working independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Software or SAAS company experience
- 6 years or more experience as a Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion
- Experience with income, franchise, state and local and sales and use taxes preferred
- Experience with advanced accounting systems, Intacct a plus (Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, NetSuite, Intacct, etc.)
- Experience with accounting in multiple currencies
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis with a positive attitude towards contributing and continual learning
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]