Staff iOS Developer
Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS is known for having fun and energetic company culture. This culture is paired with ambitious principles that demand teamwork and sharp problem-solving skills. Our dedication to providing this type of environment is what helped us reach the Chicago Tribune’s list of Top Workplaces of 2018. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, apply now!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Development and support of all iOS products as well as the APIs used by the iOS products.
- Participate in meetings and contribute to establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for said projects.
- Success will be defined as your ability to perform the following:
- Create realistic estimates for development tasks and complete commitments for sprint work.
- Exhibit an understanding of the VelocityEHS customer needs, the VelocityEHS business needs and show the ability to balance the priorities of the two even when they conflict.
- Communicate issues or problems in a timely manner.
- Receive feedback and make adjustments to address feedback
- Involve others in your decision-making process where appropriate. Conversely your ability to make decisions on your own when the input of others is not needed or is redundant.
- Test your own code and review other developers’ code prior to hand-off.
- Write clean, scalable code using the Swift programming language
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding performant web apis and middleware
- Mentor junior developers in improving their development skills
- Coordinate with other software professionals and developers • Be flexible and to be willing to adjust priorities and projects if needs dictate.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or work experience showing mastery of relevant field
- 5+ years Swift development experience and 2+ years SwiftUI experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with specific direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit stakeholders of varying technical ability when
required by project objectives
- Attention to detail, Strong teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals
- Familiarity with the Swift programming language, URLSession framework, Swift concurrency
framework, SwiftUI framework and design/architectural patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- Familiarity working with ORMs such as Core Data
- Understanding of the Agile methodologies SCRUM and experience working on SCRUM team
- Experience working in a remote and geographically dispersed team
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years development in a SAAS environment
- Proven knowledge of Swift best practices and coding patterns
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing frameworks
- Proficiency with code versioning tools like git and GitHub
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]