Staff Front-End Developer
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
The Staff Software (Front-End) Developer helps bring our product concepts and designs to life. This individual will collaborate as a leader with multidisciplinary teams, engaging with product managers, UX and UI designers, software engineers, and QA analysts to deliver features and products that help our customers do their jobs better. The candidate should be well-versed in software technologies, such as React, Typescript, and CSS. A keen eye for detail, creative thinking, exceptional problem-solving, and excellent communication skills are essential when working with our product team and fellow software engineers to bring product requirements to life.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build products following coding standards and in accordance with Agile development methodology, tools and release processes
- Provide leadership to other front end developers by promoting and enforcing engineering best practices including coding standards and unit testing methods.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including designers, developers, testers and other products’ teams to create new solutions, facilitate feedback and achieve product decisions
- Collaborate with UX Designers to determine the most feasible and best solution for end users
- Ensure consistency of application appearances using style guides and a design system to enforce established standards and best practices
- Estimate level of effort during sprint planning, evaluate open source options of similar technologies, and offer suggestions
- Responsible for developing and maintaining our Accelerate platform predominantly using React technologies (Web and mobile)
- Protecting user data to the highest standard
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of web development experience
- Advanced skill in React (preferably TypeScript, Hooks, and Functional Components)
- Creating and executing front-end unit tests
- Solid experience in agile software development practices
- Identify solutions that take into account reusability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience overriding/extending Bootstrap
- Experience and literacy in Node.JS
- Knowledge and literacy in at least one state management library
- Advanced knowledge of webpack
- Experience with React-Native
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS services
- GraphQL experience
- Good eye for design
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]