Staff Android Developer
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates*
VelocityEHS is known for having fun and energetic company culture. This culture is paired with ambitious principles that demand teamwork and sharp problem-solving skills. Our dedication to providing this type of environment is what helped us reach the Chicago Tribune’s list of Top Workplaces of 2018. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, apply now!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Development and support of all products including the VelocityEHS website and customer Intranet applications.
- Development and support of internal applications to assist sales order management and customer support processes.
- Participate in meetings and contribute to the establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for said projects.
Success will be measured against your abilities to perform against the following:
- Ability to create realistic time lines for projects and whether your deliverables are completed within time projections and consistent with the provided requirements.
- Ability to exhibit an understanding of the VelocityEHS customer needs, the VelocityEHS business needs and show the ability to balance the priorities of the two even when they conflict.
- Degree to which you are flexible and willing to adjust priorities and projects if needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate issues or problems in a timely manner.
- How you involve others in your decision making process where appropriate. Conversely your ability to make decisions on your own when the input of others is not needed or is redundant.
- Ability to test your own code and review other developers’ code prior to hand-off.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 5+ years development experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with specific direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit stakeholders of varying technical ability when required by project objectives
- Attention to detail, Strong teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Solid understanding of the android architecture and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Android SDK and Kotlin
- Experience working with remote data via RESTful web services and JSON
- Knowledge of memory management, multithreading and asynchronous network communication
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years development in a SAAS environment
- Good knowledge of mobile performance limits and characteristics
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing frameworks
- Proficiency with code versioning tools like git and github
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools and the Google Play app portal
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]