Sr. Scrum Master
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking a Scrum Master to coach, remove impediments, and be a servant leader for our development teams.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in key Scrum practices and teams across multiple work streams
- Guide and coach, the Scrum team on use of Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theories, practices and guidelines
- Manage & Report metrics out of JIRA
- Ensure the team is focused on the right tasks help remove any obstacles and protect the team from distractions.
What Success looks like:
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Be a Team Motivator & Team Player
- Tackle tough assignments with initiative, creativity, a value-added mind-set, questioning nature, and a sense of urgency
- You juggle multiple priorities and projects
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- 5 + years work experience to include systems development and analysis, business analysis and cross-functional projects.
- 5 + years experience in a Scrum Master role.
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Certified Scrum Master
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven business acumen
- Exceptional systems technical orientation
- Proven experience in gathering requirements and assessment of requirements to both technical and business applications
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, Work from Home, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]