Sr. Marketing Manager, Communications
Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The VelocityEHS Senior Marketing Manager, Communications is responsible for managing key global activities related to public and analyst relations. In addition to general brand building, elevating the company’s public image, this role is critical to ensuring that image and communication of the brand is consistent, well-timed, and newsworthy. The Senior Marketing Manager, Communications works closely with marketing leadership, the executive team, and cross departmental leaders from product marketing and product to support sales and marketing campaigns.
Tasks include managing press releases and articles (drafting, circulating and pitching); analyst relations (keeping communications channels open, ensuring access to company SMEs, securing placement in relevant market research, timely dissemination of product updates) and management of PR related social media, website updates.
This role requires: a strong track record of managing public and analyst relations: experience cultivating relationships with key media, industry partners and independent analysts; the ability to keep messaging aligned with industry trends critical industry conversations; the aptitude and willingness to contribute to strategic conversations around product and product marketing.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing, managing, and reporting on a global communications strategy that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with industry analysts. Position company and subject matter experts in favorable light, providing access to VelocityEHS experts and arranging briefings with company leadership that keeps VelocityEHS a part of critical industry conversations. Gain insights from analyst experts and share relevant information with company stakeholders.
- Manage the people and process integral to the creation of press releases that communicate company news to key external stakeholders. Work with marketing directors and outside departments to gather information that will be used to draft press release copy. Oversee the organizing and management of calendar that tracks all planned press releases throughout the year to ensue all communication needs and objectives are being met.
- Oversee the pitching and placement of byline articles with key industry media that follow company communication initiatives. Work with subject matter experts to author topics relevant to their specific expertise. Manage editorial calendar to guarantee we’re generating content across a wide variety of outlets and equally across all brands.
- Maximize brand presence on various social media channels by promoting content and company information that engages key audiences. Develop social media messaging that aligns with marketing team and outside department initiatives. Monitor social media trends and competitor profiles to ensure VelocityEHS continues to remain relevant.
- Manage industry and company award program opportunities, working with marketing directors and other departments to gather necessary information for drafting award-winning nominations and entries.
- Own the creation and maintenance of an annual communication calendar that highlights all marketing programs used to inform key company constituencies and stakeholders of ongoing Marketing team activities.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting customers, and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results to marketing team.
- Ongoing support of various marketing department projects and larger company initiatives as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of related professional experience. This experience would preferably have demonstrated accomplishments in a marketing communications or public relations role
- Ability to independently and proactively transform company news and industry trends into relevant content that promotes and maintains a positive image of the company
- Excellent with Microsoft Office 2003-2010 products (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.) and Adobe (PDF) documents
- Demonstrated success pitching and placing news items
- Strong social media platform proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong branding & industry positioning acumen, attention to detail, and ability to quickly make quality decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation, customer service, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build trust and work with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of experience across departments
- Calm under pressure and able to take accountability for outcomes and performance
- Passionate about marketing, customer success, and people development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or business-related field
- 8+ years’ experience with both agency and corporate PR experience
- Ability to match marketing mix and messages to the specific audience and media outlet
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to see the big picture through details
- Work experience in the environmental, health and safety, or cloud-based technology (i.e., software as-a-service) industry
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style, and AP Style
- Facility with Sales and Marketing CRM, CMS and MA Software (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, WordPress)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products (such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms (such as Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter)
- Knowledge of SEO principles
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]