Sr. Order Operations Manager
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada *
The VelocityEHS Order Processing Team is small, industrious, process-oriented group located in the nerve center of company operations. It serves as a vital link connecting the expectations set with customers in Sales with the following stages in the customer’s journey. The Sr. Manager of Order Operations leads this group and ensures the order management ecosystem supports the needs of our internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will be passionate about data integrity, efficiency, and supporting our customer-facing teams.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for Order Management operations – timely Sales & Renewal contract processing/order entry, product provisioning/deprovisioning and order fulfillment, and invoice prompting in ways that meeting internal and external customer expectations
- Primary liaison for Order Management group – regularly interacting with Sales/RevOps, Renewals, Accounting and CX department stakeholders
- Coordinating with Deal Desk and Accounting groups on process and governance of quote, order and invoice ecosystem
- Recruiting, training, mentoring, motivating and management of Order Management staff
- Overall ownership of CPQ order data; ensuring accuracy and that the needs of other departments are met
- Order Management ecosystem management in coordination with the Internal Systems and Data Governance groups
- Drive improvements in Order-to-Cash operations and workflows and update process documentation
- Consulting with Sales/RevOps, Renewals and Order Management staff in more complex contracting scenarios
- Establishment of new, and management of existing, Partnership order processes
- Work closely with other departments to ensure order fulfillment and new user account set-up meets client expectations
- Tactful reinforcement of order submission and contract approval guidelines
- Development and reporting of order information, KPIs, and other reporting and data analysis
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 5+ years of general business experience, at least 2+ years in an Order Management capacity, preferably in a SaaS or at least a subscription-based environment
- 2+ years of experience managing and motivating staff
- Ability to adhere to and maintain standard operating procedures while complying to company deadlines
- Stress-tolerant, able to multi-task and be calm under pressure in dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of general business experience, at least 5+ years in an Order Management capacity, preferably in a SaaS or at least a subscription-based environment
- 5+ years of experience managing and motivating staff
- Working Knowledge with SalesForce.com CRM and CPQ applications
- Experience working with an Accounting department and knowledge of GAAP standards
- Experience with Accounting software, preferably Intaact, a plus
- History of success working cross-functionally with all levels within the organization
- Experience with data visualization tools (Power BI) a plus
- eCommerce experience a plus
- EHS knowledge is a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, 100% work from home, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]