Posted on July 13, 2022
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. We are deeply committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers and have a thriving, self-directed, collaborative environment, with strong company culture and value proposition. As a Software Developer you will be a technically oriented application developer responsible for coding, programming, analysis, and database design. You will work on new development projects including mobile applications, and existing systems in the relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting customers then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain application features, from design to planning and coding to testing using SQL, C# and .Net technologies
• Create and support RESTful API based services using ASP.NET Web API
• Identify and solve any technical difficulties and bugs
• Assist in the delivery and development of the company’s ongoing innovations and refining of the SaaS product
• Provide content and thought leadership for development initiatives
• Establish and promote architectural guidelines, best practices and standards
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 4+ years’ of progressive web-based software development
• Excellent teamwork and problem solving skills
• In depth knowledge of C# and the .NET framework
• Knowledge of SQL Server, Database structures and Design
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Understanding of both the development and operational dimensions of delivering a cloud solution to market
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write supporting technical documentation
• Inherent passion about technology
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• 2+ years working in the mobile space on a complex platform
• Android and iOS application life-cycle familiarity
Desired Personal Profile:
• Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things web and mobile
• Self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
• Flexible and able to work within established branding and product specs
• “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
VelocityEHS is a trusted supplier of EHS Management Information Systems (EMIS) to global manufacturing, energy, mining, biotech, food service, and transportation companies ranging in size from a hundred to over half a million employees.
The VelocityEHS Software Suite helps companies operate more sustainably, safely, and efficiently. By focusing on a rich and intuitive end user experience VelocityEHS has developed an unparalleled record of user acceptance and implementation success. VelocityEHS enables companies to reduce injuries, increase the effectiveness of regulatory compliance initiatives, perform audits and inspections, manage greenhouse gas reporting, and initiate or improve corporate sustainability programs.
VelocityEHS Core Goals
• Our workplace engages each of us to realize company and individual growth goals
• Our customer experience life-cycle creates a community of advocates
• Our product delights users and improves how they do their jobs
• Our financial performance enables us to realize our vision
At VelocityEHS, our values shape and influence all of our decisions and actions. These core values are demonstrated by all employees and contribute directly to results related to: Product and Quality, Customer Experience, People, Business Development, Operations and growth.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. VelocityEHS encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Our company has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Nikki Buchan through email at [email protected], if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.