Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking an experienced Software Architect to design, build and maintain software architecture for SaaS applications and services.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversees and drives the end-to-end architecture of the product
- Regulates overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Designs solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable
- Drive strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects, Engineers, SME’s and the broader organization
- Works in a consultative fashion to improve communication, collaboration, and alignment amongst teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
- Provides input into long-range product requirements, best practices, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
What success looks like:
- SaaS software platforms are designed and delivered as scalable, high performance and maintainable using best practices and current technologies
- Scalability methodologies are well understood and implemented in a consistent and robust manner
- You juggle multiple priorities and projects meeting all deadlines
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms
- Ability to independently design and deliver large complex projects
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Ability to work with other architects, principal architects, and Chief Technology Officers to shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization.
- Develop technical performance architecture that solves most complex performance issues.
- Ability to drive long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports and performance presentations to customers and at industry events
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion of all issues. You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues.
- BS in related field and at least 15 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in:
- GraphQL and Apollo
- React and Single-Page Applications(SPA)
- Java with JPA(ORM)
- dotNet with Entity Framework(EF)
- Design Patterns
- Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle. Some roles require experience on a product that was released for public consumption across multiple releases
- 15 years of software development experience
- Ability to provide (informal) coaching to team members to support their understanding of the architecture and aid in their technical development
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]