Senior Java Developer
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
The Sr. Software Developer helps bring our product concepts and designs to life. This individual will collaborate as a leader with multidisciplinary teams, engaging with product managers, UX and UI designers, software engineers, and QA analysts to deliver features and products that help our customers do their jobs better. The candidate should be well-versed in software technologies such as Java, Spring (Boot/MVC). A keen eye for detail, creative thinking, exceptional problem-solving, and excellent communication skills are essential when working with our product team and fellow software engineers to bring product requirements to life.
- Development and support of all products including the VelocityEHS website and customer Intranet applications.
- Development and support of internal applications to assist sales order management and customer support processes.
- Participate in meetings and contribute to the establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for said projects.
- Success will be measured against your abilities to perform against the following:
- Ability to create realistic time lines for projects and whether your deliverables are completed within time projections and consistent with the provided requirements. Ability to exhibit an understanding of the VelocityEHS customer needs, the VelocityEHS business needs and show the ability to balance the priorities of the two even when they conflict.
- Degree to which you are flexible and willing to adjust priorities and projects if needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate issues or problems in a timely manner.
- How you involve others in your decision making process where appropriate. Conversely your ability to make decisions on your own when the input of others is not needed or is redundant.
- Ability to test your own code and review other developers’ code prior to hand-off.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Java, Spring (Boot/MVC)
- 5+ years development experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with specific direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit stakeholders of varying technical ability when required by project objectives
- Attention to Detail, Strong teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years development in a SAAS environment including microservices
- Advanced knowledge of API structures/calls, preferably GraphQL
- Intermediate knowledge of Python
- Intermediate/Advanced Cloud/Container experience, preferably in AWS
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of CI/CD, Software Development Lifecycle including unit testing
- Agile/Scrum experience
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]