Senior Frontend Developer – Australia
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to candidates that reside outside of Perth, Western Australia*
As part of the VelocityEHS Risk Management team, you’ll enjoy working with an established product, which is expanding to other markets. We are hardworking, open-minded and passionate about crafting phenomenal products and delivering real value for our users.
You love and understand front-end development. You deliver solid solutions to complex problems and can lead a team to provide consistent, high-quality code.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will make a significant technical contribution and support the successful delivery of these priorities, as well as continuous improvement and business-as-usual support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Build products following coding standards and in accordance with Agile development methodology, tools and release processes;
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including designers, developers, testers and other products’ teams to create new solutions, facilitate feedback and achieve product decisions;
- Collaborate with UX Designers to determine the most feasible and best solution for end users;
- Ensure consistency of application appearances using style guides and a design system to enforce established standards and best practices;
- Ensure UI elements, templates and solutions work for a variety of browser types and screen settings;
- Estimate level of effort during sprint planning, evaluate open source options of similar technologies, and offer suggestions
- Responsible for developing and maintaining our Risk Platform predominantly using React technologies (Web and mobile);
- Protecting user data to the highest standard.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years of web development experience;
- Advanced skill in React (preferably TypeScript, Hooks, and Functional Components);
- Creating and executing front-end unit tests;
- Solid experience in agile software development practices;
- Identify solutions that take into account reusability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness;
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience and literacy in Node.JS
- Knowledge and literacy in at least one state management library
- Advanced knowledge of webpack
- Full stack development
- Experience with ASP .NET, Core 3 and EF Core.
- Experience with React-Native
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS services
- Good eye for design
- Experience in building reusable components and/or with systems design is a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
Finally, We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
VelocityEHS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Australian Human Rights Commission Act along with a discrimination, and harassment-free workplace. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, VelocityEHS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your needs. VelocityEHS also welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.