Senior Dotnet Developer
Posted on October 12, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the US or Canada*
The Sr. Dotnet Developer helps bring our product concepts and designs to life. This individual will work on multidisciplinary teams, engaging with product managers, UX and UI designers, software engineers, and QA analysts to deliver features and products that help our customers do their jobs better. The candidate should be well-versed in software technologies, such as .Net Core, C#, and APIs. A keen eye for detail, creative thinking, exceptional problem-solving, and excellent communication skills are essential when working with our product team and fellow software engineers to bring product requirements to life.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and test new features in the applications
- Identify technical risks and propose solutions
- Review Pull Requests and recommend improvements for quality and maintainability of the codebase
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar training in relevant field
- Advanced knowledge of C#
- Advanced knowledge of SQLServer and PostgreSQL as well as Database Design
- Experience with established design patterns, Object Oriented Development, and SOLID principles
- Advanced experience building clean, testable code and implementing unit tests
- Ability to debug and solve complex problems with minimal oversight
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams including product managers, UI/UX designers, software developers, and QA analysts
- High attention to detail
- Superb critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building microservice APIs utilizing RESTful and/or GraphQL designs
- Experience building React based web applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Advanced knowledge of Entity Framework
- Flexible and able to work within established branding and product specs
- Passion for building great products
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.