Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to candidates in the Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Oakville, Ontario area*
We are seeking an organized, self-starter to build upon a career in ergonomics. Our ergonomists work in a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assessing industrial workstations using proven analysis and solutions methods.
- Develop detailed solutions to identified ergonomic challenges.
- Conducting design reviews on workstations and products.
- Travel approximately 50%.
- Multi-site software implementations.
- Conduct solo RAPID events and Engineer’s trainings.
- Manage internal continuous improvement process.
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Biomechanics, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- At least three years of related professional experience conducting risk assessments
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple ongoing projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Industrial work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, organizational, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, can also be an effective team member
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Experience completing ergonomics assessments using industry-standard tools, such as: NIOSH Lifting Equation, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, 3DSSPP, or equivalent
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications
- Successful completion of training trials
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) certification through BCPE required
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Run solo implementation workshop
- Manage a multi-site implementation
- Successfully manage internal continuous improvement initiative
- Successfully own an internal process
- Proficient entering data into Salesforce and Quickbase
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- 3-6 years of related experience
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]