Senior Business Analyst
Posted on September 26, 2022
*Open to remote candidates in the United States or Canada*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to drive the requirements gathering for our SaaS products.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Gather business requirements and write user stories
- Interact with clients to create better definitions of business priorities
- Understand a clients’ underlying business and business difficulties that our product will address
- Assist in the management of sprints and product backlog in an Agile environment
- Interact with clients, becoming an “app expert”, knowing the app requirements and business processes inside and out. Be “the voice” of the customer in daily stand-ups and direct priorities for successful delivery.
- Ensure the team delivers a solution that delights the users and provides the business impact our clients want
- Organize and communicate sprint commitments
- Developing projects and monitoring performance and metrics
What Success looks like:
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Tackle tough assignments with initiative, creativity, a value-added mindset, questioning nature, and a sense of urgency
- You juggle multiple priorities and projects meeting all deadlines
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- 5 + years work experience to include systems development and analysis, business analysis and cross-functional projects
- 5+ years experience in eCommerce, product management, marketing, operations or other businessrelated functions
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor Degree in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven business acumen
- Exceptional systems technical orientation
- Proven experience in gathering requirements and assessment of requirements to both technical and business applications
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems.
- Proven research skills
- Experience using Jira
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]