Senior Business Analyst
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to drive the requirements gathering for our Business Intelligence solutions.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Gather business requirements and write user stories
- Interact with clients to create better definitions of business priorities
- Understand a clients’ underlying business and business difficulties that our product will address
- Assist in the management of sprints and product backlog in an Agile environment
- Interact with clients, becoming an “app expert”, knowing the app requirements and business processes inside and out. Be “the voice” of the customer in daily stand-ups and direct priorities for successful delivery.
- Ensure the team delivers a solution that delights the users and provides the business impact our clients want
- Lead the business intelligence team in the execution of business strategies and internal projects to ensure the desired result is achieved quickly and effectively
- Provide leadership to team members and stakeholders by partnering closely and stepping in as needed to ensure deadlines are met and the project stays on task/within scope.
- Interacts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including the executive team.
What Success looks like:
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Tackle tough assignments with initiative, creativity, a value-added mind-set, questioning nature, and a sense of urgency
- You juggle multiple priorities and projects meeting all deadlines
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 + years work experience to include systems development and analysis, business analysis and cross-functional projects.
- 5+ years experience in sales, product management, marketing, operations or other business related functions
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment
- Must have experience in and willingness to wear multiple hats to ensure deadlines are met
- Proven business acumen, including understanding of business operations
- Bachelor Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven business acumen
- Exceptional systems technical orientation
- Proven experience in gathering requirements and assessment of requirements to both technical and business applications
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Proven experience in doing business analysis for internal Business Intelligence or Data Analytics teams
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, Work from Home, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]