Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates*
VelocityEHS is the leader in the developing Environmental Health & Safety Solutions; our goal is to provide value to our customers and the Sales Trainer will be responsible for developing ongoing training projects to ensure that the sales team is well educated to ongoing updates and changes. We find satisfaction not only in creating innovative solutions, but in the product we provide and the environment in which we work. VelocityEHS is known for having fun and energetic company culture. This culture is paired with ambitious principles that demand teamwork and sharp problem-solving skills. Our dedication to providing this type of environment is what helped us reach the Chicago Tribune’s list of Top Workplaces of 2018. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, apply now!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Become an expert in all VelocityEHS products and solutions
- Facilitate classroom style training on products, sales techniques, enhancements, etc.
- Develop and facilitate expanded training programs including personal development and expanded selling skills
- Develop ongoing training projects to ensure the sales team is well educated to ongoing updates and changes
- Develop and maintain training tools, including worksheets, templates, databases and reports
- Facilitate role play sessions
- Use a variety of instructional methods to ensure maximum delivery effectiveness including individual or small group instruction, self study, simulation/role play exercises, etc.
- Provide testing and performance for all sales new hires while in training
- Monitor trainees’ knowledge before and after training to help determine follow-up training required
- Provide mentorship, continuing education and ongoing training for existing sales representatives
- Work closely with management in the sales rep evaluation process to identify skills and areas needing improvement
- Work one-on-one with sales reps to reinforce skills taught during training sessions
- Utilize established curriculum and assist in developing new educational materials, manuals, presentations, etc., that support the organizations sales objectives
- Update and help modify processes, SOPs and manuals
- Aid in managing internal resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Sales Training & Operations
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Successful track record of sales training experience
- Must embrace a customer-focused and results-driven environment
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to adapt training materials to changes in selling and customer environments
- Must possess strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent problem solving, decision making, and research/analytical skills
- Must display exceptional professionalism in appearance and behavior
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Internet and computer literacy skills in MSFT Word, MSFT Excel, MSFT Outlook, MS Access
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience
- Basic understanding of technology and Internet deployed services
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Visio
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]