Posted on July 13, 2022
*Hiring now for January 2018
We are seeking a talented, money motivated individual who is looking to establish or build upon a career in territory sales. Our Mid Market Associates are responsible for supporting the day to day activity of our Territory Account Team with a focus on increasing market share within the Mid Market segment, specifically within a specific geographic territory. Mid Market Associates drive revenue by carrying out strategic campaign initiatives that take a consultative selling approach towards understanding the customer’s needs and guiding the customer to the appropriate VelocityEHS solution. In working with our team of Territory Account Representatives to close accounts, Mid Market Associates will learn and contribute to all aspects of the sales process which includes but is not limited to: creating sales and marketing plans, prospecting, selling value, setting up and participating in web-based presentations and creating proposals and contracts.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn and an ability to articulate a value proposition. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people. A technical sales background is not a prerequisite; we will train the right person.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting and Exceeding individual sales creation pipeline goals
- Prospecting and contacting leads within the mid market segment and setting up web-based presentations over the phone to showcase our wide product offerings
- Play a key role in the successful execution of strategic sales and marketing plans to grow market share within assigned geographic territory
- Driving revenue by effectively addressing the customers’ business need, offering appropriate value proposition
- solutions, creating urgency, and closing accounts over the phone
- Becoming a subject matter expert by acquiring ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Mid Market Sales Director
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple competing priorities, and working effectively in a results-driven culture
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision, but can also can be an effective team member
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant business or sales major
- Strong presentation skills, including proficiency with Power Point
- Experience working in a fast paced environment that requires flexibility
- Experience initiating, establishing, and nurturing meaningful business relationships over the phone and email
- Experience with technology and internet deployed services
- Proficiency in use of Salesforce.com
At VelocityEHS we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EH&S) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Base salary + uncapped incentive pay program + full benefits.
Qualified applicants should click the link below and follow the instructions provided to apply: