Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Here at VelocityEHS, the customer is our number one priority and it shows in our customer retention rates. As a Renewal
Manager you will be in a high-profile position that combines your customer care skills with a bit of salesmanship to renew and
salvage existing customers, with an emphasis on our small to medium customer segments. With high Retention and Customer
Satisfaction Rates, the position is not one of high conflict, rather an opportunity to demonstrate value where it may not be seen.
You will have an immediate impact by forging relationships and focusing on customer satisfaction, identifying sales opportunities to close yourself or refer to sales (depending on the situation), and providing general account management to our current customers.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands
intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work
ethic then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Apply best practices to retain customers who are off-contract (non-contract renewals), with the goal of signing them to three-year extensions while salvaging cancellation requests
- Identify clients at-risk of cancellation and manage based on At-Risk program guidelines
- Resolve retention-related customer issues including cancellation threats
- Perform pricing assessments to maximize retention revenues and defend/negotiate price during renewal
- Probe for sales opportunities for additional products and/or services, and route appropriately to sales or close the deal
directly depending on company rules of engagement
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot and guide clients through the VelocityEHS product suite in order to solve the clients’ needs
- Advocate for customer needs to improve internal processes, alter business rules, and influence product development
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to ensure that customer issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner
- Assist customers with technical and non-technical related questions
- Assist in creation and maintenance of SOPs, knowledge base articles, and other team materials as needed
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ Years’ experience in account management, customer support, Customer Success, or sales
- Customer-driven personality with the ability to initiate, establish, and nurture meaningful business
relationships over the phone
- Able to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively
in a results-driven culture
- Effective in building rapport with customers.
- Superior ability to review and negotiate contracts
- Must possess strong orientation to details, decision-making, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – including grammar and voice quality
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; also can be an effective team member
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency with a PC, internet browsers, MS Office Skills (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook) and web-based tools are required
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or similar CRM, and web-conference applications
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]