Professional Services Intern – Ergonomics
Posted on July 13, 2022
* This is a remote, full-time opportunity beginning January 3rd, 2022.
We are seeking an organized, self-starter who is excited to begin a career ergonomics. Our interns will work under the direct supervision of experienced health and safety professionals. Their role is to support software implementations, ergonomics analyses on industrial/office job tasks and help develop an effective improvement plan for our customers. Interns work in a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage. Projects range from two days to two weeks, and occasionally opportunities to travel throughout the continental US may arise. Please note that travel is not required.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Biomechanics, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent degree in health and safety field
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple ongoing projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, but can also be an effective team member
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Industrial work experience
- Research based experience
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.