Professional Development Manager
Posted on August 17, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS’s Professional Development Manager is responsible for providing high-level expertise in designing, developing and revising innovative and high-quality learning solutions, competency-based training, professional development programs, and materials in support of VelocityEHS’s professional development and leadership education initiatives.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that
demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the design, development and facilitation of our leadership development programs (both current and future leaders)
- Design, launch and manage multi-level blended-learning programs that support business strategy and development needs across all departments and the company
- Conduct organization wide needs assessment and identify learning and development gaps that need to be addressed
- Create training modules tied to developed Career Paths to enhance career opportunities both lateral and horizontally
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design
- Report progress against development goals and timeline targets, including assessments of instructional effectiveness, impact of training and continuous improvement efforts for programs
- Provide input to the company-wide Learning & Development (L&D) Strategy and map out training plans, design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Develop train-the-trainer programs and provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal SME’s
- Collaborate with other internal resources HR, VLead Leadership Development Committee and Learning & Media team to facilitate training sessions and events
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Assist with additional learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, onboarding)
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Assist HR to help managers develop their team members through Career Pathing
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts
- Serve as an instrumental piece of the HR team to aid in success in all departments and projects
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in in Training & Development, Psychology, Education, Human Resources, Business, or any other related field
- Expertise and experience in building/managing leadership development programs across the organization
- Expertise and experience in building development programs for multiple levels within and across the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of processes to ensure linkage of development programs with talent management and development programs including identifying experiential learning, action learning experiences, peer coaching, mentoring and other program needs that support career growth and development for employees and leaders
- Experience in applying action learning and adult learning principles, E-learning knowledge and application in development programs
- Excellent facilitation skills; ability to engage diverse audiences and at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to create and deliver best solutions
- Experience in a Software as a Service environment.
- Experience working with Cornerstone
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.