Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
The Product Trainer plays an essential role to support VelocityEHS’s internal teams on product features and enhancements through development of training materials and facilitation of educational sessions. Reporting to the Product Knowledge Manager and working in conjunction with the development and product teams, the Product Trainer will leverage their strong communication, knowledge of adult education, training expertise and project management skills to ensure the successful delivery of product training and product documentation. The product trainer will ensure that internal teams have the knowledge, resources, and tools to competently answer and guide customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Product Management, Development and Product Marketing teams to understand the project scope, customer impact, positioning, and delivery schedule of all new features.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders across VelocityEHS to plan and scope requirements for training and knowledge articles and develop effective training plans.
- Develop and maintain e-learning courses and other training materials that instruct internal staff on product features, functionality, and user workflows.
- Coordinate the delivery of all customer and services teams release readiness training, including announcements & updates, release internal documentation & training, and release webinars
- Write, publish, update, and maintain customer-facing help center/knowledgebase articles and content.
- Train new employees on product features, functionality, and user workflows.
- Create and maintain customer-facing onboarding and training collateral, including introductory PowerPoint decks and user guides.
- Assist with creation of configuration and positioning toolkits.
- Provide ongoing support to answer questions from internal teams on release changes and feature adoption.
- Project manage cross-functional product education and launch initiatives.
- Complete ad-hoc knowledgebase and training projects as they arise.
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience. This experience would have demonstrated accomplishments in a training role with a strong understanding of adult education principles.
- Experience developing engaging and clear instructional materials for delivery in a variety of formats
- Experience synthesizing complex scenarios to easily understandable communications
- Highly detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environments and priorities + Ability to easily build relationships and influence internal teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]