Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
As part of the VelocityEHS product management team, you’ll be the messenger of the market and the voice of the customer for our next generation of EHS management software. We’re looking for a Product Manager to represent the customer in our business. We want to optimize every product feature and service process to deliver maximum customer benefit. You will play a central role in developing solutions to complex problems using the latest thinking in EHS practice and technology. This role will suit you if you’re passionate about:
- Software as a strategic change and business improvement driver
- Consumer-grade B2B solutions delivered via a zero-friction UX
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels to identify and document bottlenecks and opportunities
- Collaborating with our Strategy, Development, Marketing, and Sales teams to define solutions aligned with our vision and drive them to through the development process to customer value
- Making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand the product market, strengths, weaknesses, competitive landscape, company & strategic vision and their interdependencies.
- Build and maintain the relationships to support the gathering, documenting and sharing of market intelligence from customers, competitors, industry analysts and trends.
- Build, maintain, and communicate the product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders.
- Research, write, and present business cases in collaboration with product marketing managers and domain strategists in support of proposals for new product development projects in line with the roadmap.
- Work with their scrum team to build high-value, customer-centric solutions.
- Make data-driven decisions regarding product development priorities while balancing business needs and technical realities.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop the right positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and support our sales and customer success teams, enabling them to understand the problems the product solves for our buyers and users.
Measures of Success:
- Customer engagement, satisfaction, and renewals.
- Roadmap management effectiveness, timeliness, and scope coverage.
- Product management process, throughput, team engagement, and target outcome achievement.
- Roadmap delivery, schedule and budget adherence, and customer acceptance.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Empathy, humility, curiosity, and business acumen.
- 3+ years of product management experience with a record of successfully delivering B2B SaaS products to market.
- Strong skills in problem-framing, research, documentation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Independent thinker, multi-domain collaborator, and experienced negotiator.
- Demanding business users of web and mobile applications.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Scrum Product Owner Certification.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) II or higher.
- Experience in Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability.
- Experience in competitive analysis, sales planning, and financial planning.
- Strong presentation skills, including experience presenting to executive leadership and large audiences
- Travel up to 10%.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools.
- Occasional work outside of normal working hours.
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]