Operations Project Specialist
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS Operations Project Specialists lead the backend operational activities needed to help VelocityEHS service operations meet or exceed their client expectations. They perform and/or coordinate the heavy-lifting, and they see that the “T’s” are all crossed and the “I’s” are all dotted before a VelocityEHS services project is delivered to a client.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Concurrent management of the backend operational elements of numerous VelocityEHS service projects, primarily involving SDS library-building and/or updating.
- Thorough understanding of VelocityEHS Chemical Management services, including library-building and updating/maintenance, database conversion, and/or data migrations, as well as the SDS landscape in general.
- Confirm and redefine scope, establish project timelines, obtain necessary files/information from internal customers, coordinate with Vendor and Obtainment Operations staff, provide ongoing project communication and status updates, and help to resolve project-related issues.
- Ensure timely project delivery within established quality guidelines.
- Collect and document various project delivery, success, and performance metrics and data.
- Perform various project-related operational tasks, such as (but not limited to): project template creation, file management, data entry, SDS obtainment, MSDSonline database searching, paper document sorting or scanning, electronic image file type conversions, SDS database maintenance and QA, data scrubbing and filtering, spreadsheet analysis and QA, and file and data processing within the Content Management Application.
- Coordinate with other operations teams to perform quality assurance, boost SDS obtainment success rates, and to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement, self-development, and customer-driven mindset.
- Collaborate with other staff on best practices and continuous process improvement; participate in regular and ad hoc meetings with customer-facing staff to review existing projects and/or process improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring all processes are accurately documented via SOPs.
- Thorough understanding of internal systems and tools, including the Content Management Application and Salesforce.
- Assist with fulfilling routine pre-sale requests within one business day.
- Take the lead on resolving issues or concerns that may arise during a project, either directly or by collaborating with
customer-facing project coordinators.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by department leadership
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and expertise with Excel
- Proficient with Internet Browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and in internet research
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Competent in Internal Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
- Detail-oriented, methodical, persistent, innovative
- Ability to complete quality work within agreed upon deadlines
- Takes ownership of issues/projects and follows through to completion
- Strong collaboration skills within team
- Proven commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to make sound decisions using analysis and judgement
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with Access
- Familiarity with Salesforce
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]