Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States or Canada*
The VelocityEHS Multimedia Designer is primarily responsible for assisting with the creation of both external and internal media assets, including videos, graphics, and animations. The Multimedia Designer works with the Associate Manager of Learning & Media to leverage relationships with subject matter experts throughout VelocityEHS to produce a range of material including product videos, customer testimonials, how-to guides, document layouts, infographics, and other resources as necessary.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients, then this is the job for you — check out the details below and apply now.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating both external- and internal-facing multimedia content by scheduled deadlines with minimal technical supervision using writing, graphic design, branding, image editing, document formatting, animation, video, and audio skills and tools
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to produce multimedia assets for VelocityEHS and its respective departments as assigned
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, and working with the Associate Manager of Learning & Media to set project scopes, priorities, deadlines, and schedules
- Deploying and maintaining multimedia assets on local servers, cloud servers, and third-party sites (such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Microsoft Stream) while following established practices for versioning control, naming convention and file organization
- Reviewing VelocityEHS brand guidelines, solution offerings, marketing and product functionality to ensure brand and product alignment
- Assisting with assessing, updating, creating, and/or recommending current or new tools and work processes
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of related professional experience, preferably demonstrating accomplishments in a product or marketing multimedia production role
- Strong portfolio or demo-reel with layout, design, and video work
- Ability to independently transform raw content and data received from subject matter experts into multimedia content with full narrative structure, scripts and graphics
- Experience working with a variety of image, video, and audio formats
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe PDF documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details, policies and procedures with the ability to identify and recommend improvement opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to make quality decisions quickly
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and customers
- Passionate about their work
- Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Comfort working with a range of recording devices (video and sound)
- Training content creation experience
- Experience with web conferencing software and applications
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience creating motion graphics and animation
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]